Am I missing something?

kingkenny 00:06 10 Oct 03

Hi all,

I have just recently upgraded my windows messenger to v5.0. I used to start up BB and it would sign me in automatically as v4.7, now it no longer does that. I have to prompt it to sign me in everytime, even though on the initial sign up window I asked it to sign me in automatically and have repeated the process several times. Has anyone else encountered this and can anyone suggest a solution?

clayton 00:10 10 Oct 03

Have you tried msn messenger ?

kingkenny 00:19 10 Oct 03

yeah, it conflicted with Windows messenger and suffered more pop ups

smegs 00:51 10 Oct 03

I think if U Open Messenger, Gp to tools, Then Options, Then General Tab, It's in there I think. Thats if it's the same as MSN Messenger.

Chegs ® 08:53 10 Oct 03

On my daughters puter,msn refused to keep the password/username,I upgraded to newer version for her and this prob went only to be replaced by msn booting her out after 5 mins.I removed the tick from "Sign me away after xx mins" and it stopped exiting msn.Try removing/reinstalling msn and see if that cures it.

Chegs ® 08:55 10 Oct 03

msn=windows messenger(try the above with windows messenger)

hugh-265156 09:06 10 Oct 03

in 4.7 its tools/options/perferences and tick allow this program to run when windows starts.

kingkenny 11:42 10 Oct 03

All the tabs are selected. It starts up when windows starts and has just stopped signing me in when I start up Broadband. It was absolutley fine with 4.7 and now needs prompted to sign in with 5.0. I wonder if it is my Firewall...

hugh-265156 13:35 10 Oct 03

4.7 is "windows messenger" 5.0 is "msn messenger"

just to confuse things slightly.

but should be similar in set up.

check tools/options/privicy and untick the always ask me for my password when signing in box.

Which broadband service are you using?

If your answer is BT Yahoo then this is a known problem and something that is being investigated.

kingkenny 11:40 11 Oct 03

Have to disagree with you, if you check this link it is labelled as Windows Messenger 5.0 and MSN messenger has a different page.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…