Am I Connected

WillWords 11:16 25 Jun 08

Hi problem my connection (speed touch 330 modem) ISP Pipex stays on no problem but when I try to update certain software loaded on my computer Check for updates I get a message Not Connected to the internet I am. Any ideas
Windows xp mce 2002 outlook express internet explorer 7

Thanks Will

Halmer 11:20 25 Jun 08

?

WillWords 11:23 25 Jun 08

Halmer webroot firewall

Halmer 17:10 25 Jun 08

Are you sure that the firewall isn't blocking it?

WillWords 21:11 25 Jun 08

I put software in question (ACDSee) IP address in trusted sites, will now do updates but when I try download from site it states you must be connected to internect to use this function. I have now contacted ACDSee for more information any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Will

skidzy 21:22 25 Jun 08

Disable your firewall briefly and try to update again.If this works you need to configure your firewall or uninstall and reinstall the firewall software.
It could be a matter of someone blocking the permissions to update.

WillWords 12:10 26 Jun 08

Skidzy disabled webroot firewall tried again still says not connected to internet Thanks
Will

Halmer 14:48 26 Jun 08

that you can view web pages via internet explorer but there is certain software on your PC that you can't update online. If so what software is it?

WillWords 22:47 26 Jun 08

Halmer yes can view web pages, software not able to update ACDSee & Intervideo DVD have tried with webroot disabled but enabled windows firewall for safety but still could not update also IP address for ACDSee in trusted sites confused!
Will

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5