Am i being watched?

dumb_haddik 09:43 30 Aug 06

I use tiscali broadband with:
ZoneAlarm Free Firewall
Spybot
AVG Antivirus

but when i go to tiscali to check my email, other addresses keep coming up.

Can anyone offer aany advice?

Thanks

Jackcoms 10:24 30 Aug 06

What exactly do you mean - "other addresses keep coming up"?

What addresses?

At what point in your e-mail checking procedure?

Why do you use Tiscali web mail instead of an e-mail client such as Outlook Express?

Belatucadrus 11:17 30 Aug 06

Are you checking your webmail from your own PC or a public access machine, such as a Library or Internet café ?

Audeal 12:29 30 Aug 06

We all have E-mails which have an address other than our own. They seem to creep in somehow but no one seems to know how. You are not being "Watched" or "Spyed" on it is just one of those thing.

One possible explanation (my own in fact) is that many E-mails disappear in transit and "Go into hyperspace". This could be where they end up, on your computer or mine or the chaps next door. Who knows. Maybe I am wrong but untill somebody comes up with an alternative explanation then I think this is what I will continue to believe.

DieSse 13:01 30 Aug 06

Many spam emails are sent to huge lists - sometimes the lists are hidden by using the BCC facility.

So no, it's entirely possible an email may not seem to be addressed to you. Don't worry, as long as you've got a decent up to date AV program.

aine 16:14 30 Aug 06

I use tiscali email because i find that they somehow block all attempts to use others, in my case outlook express & thunderbird.They deny this but I have never managed to get a proper connection with these

mgmcc 16:33 30 Aug 06

<<< We all have E-mails which have an address other than our own. They seem to creep in somehow but no one seems to know how >>>

The reason for receiving emails which appear not to be addressed to you is because your address, probably along with several hundred others, has been entered in the "hidden" BCC field. You only see the address(es) that appear in the To: and Cc: fields.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now