Am I being spied on?!?!?

LongTallTed 17:54 19 Jan 08

My home PC is connected to the Internet via 1.5mb ADSL wireless router and is running Norton Antivirus / Internet Security on Windows XP Home.

Okay, I turn on the computer today and during the Windows boot up, the printer chucks out a page, on which is printed what looks like a log of what I've been typing in Internet Explorer, presumably by some type of Spyware (as yet undetected...).

Example of what it shows on the printout:

19:35:25: (00:00:11/00:00:11) Internet Explorer (Longtallted) {Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook - Microsoft Internet Explorer}
ne BACKSPACE>> BACKSPACE>> mercury ENTER>>
19:31:35 (00:03:12/00:03:47) Internet Explorer (Longtallted) {Google - Microsoft Internet Explorer} facebook ENTER>>

So, looking at the time stamps, it shows that I typed facebook and Enter in Google to find the Facebook website (of which I am a user), then typed in my password (I changed that, it's not really mercury!).

I couldn't believe it when I read it - does anybody know what software might produce this type of output? Why did it come out of my printer when I powered up the PC? How can I check that I am safe?!?!

Any help, massively appreciated.

MAJ 18:01 19 Jan 08

Sounds like you have a keylogger on board. Don't you use any antispyware software like Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware, SuperAntispyware, etc. Suggest you download some, install, update and run scans.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac