Am i able to upgrade the processor on my laptop?

buel 17:50 23 Dec 08

Hi, i currently own a Medion MD96032 laptop that has a Intel Celeron M Cpu [email protected] processor, i recently read in Pc Advisor that it is actually possible to upgrade processors in laptops, i wondered does anyone know if i can with this one?
All advice greatfully receieved, thankyou..

Technotiger 18:00 23 Dec 08

I doubt very much whether you could upgrade the CPU, better to increase RAM if you can, or get a better Laptop.

AL47 18:09 23 Dec 08

not really gonna be worth it for what you have, laptop processors are expensive, and difficult, other parts of the laptop are probably bigger bottlenecks anyway

buel 18:13 23 Dec 08

Thanks, iv already upgraded the ram to 1.5 Gb you see. Would upgrading the hard drive help much? Currently it is 40GB...

Technotiger 19:08 23 Dec 08

No, afraid not. There might be a very slight speed increase, if your present hard drive is less than 7200rpm and the new one was 7200rpm. But you probably would not notice the difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…