Always starting in Safe mode!?

jakey1 12:44 21 Jan 03
  jakey1 12:44 21 Jan 03

after recently recieving an error message and being told to restart in safe mode,my computer now seems to be stuck in safe mode. I have very limited colour and graphics as in safe mode although i am not getting the warning"starting in safe mode" i have run diagnostics but nothing found wrong, i have reinstalled windows 98 but still have the problem.I have tried changing display settings from 16 colours to 256 colours but when i reststart my computer the setting is back to 16 colour and the computer seems to be stuck in safe mode-can anyone PLEASE HELP!

microkid 12:51 21 Jan 03

if your graphic card drivers are not installed properly then you will only get a 16 colour display, Try and reinstall your graphic`s card and see if that helps.

stlucia 12:51 21 Jan 03

I had the same problem a few days ago. It was caused by my new graphics card using the driver from the old card (don't know why) despite a reload of Windows 98 and my forcing it to look for a better driver several times.

In the end my son-in-law used the browse facility to force it to use the correct driver, and it's been okay since then.

deadneat 12:55 21 Jan 03

Re install your graphic card software. Look in device manage for any highlighted problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…