Always prompting to save to A: drive

Big Big C 08:30 01 Sep 04

I have noticed recently that when ever I try to save a file from the web that my PC tries to default it to the A drive. As there is no disc in the drive I have to keep on clicking cancel 2 or 3 times before I can then select the correct folder to actually save the file in.

NAV is upto date and this is very annoying.

Anyone any ideas??

Regards

Sethhaniel 08:47 01 Sep 04

drive is still functioning ;)

Sethhaniel 09:01 01 Sep 04

If I click 'File' - 'Save As' - then at top 'Save In' then select folder where you require it to be saved (usually remembers last 'save in' address) or is yours somehow bypassing this.

My computerd doesn't have a floppy drive so it doesn't have that irritation ;)

Djohn 10:23 01 Sep 04

When you click on save the next option is where, this is when you select the destination. Although yours is showing the "a" drive as default, it will most likely be because that is where you last saved to.

Use the drop-down menu in the top window of the save dialogue box and choose the destination to save the file then click on save again, it will now go there and should offer you this as the default destination in all future saves.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…