Always Online? Why?

A-R 14:50 14 Feb 03

I need help...

My PC is constantly connected, and I can't stop it. When I disconnect, the PC imediatly re-connects.

I think I've found the problem, it's a file called ndsboot.exe, but I can't do anything with it. I can't delete it because it's always running and I can't shut it down.

Any advice would be freatly appreciated...

Lú-tzé 17:58 14 Feb 03

What is your OS? Try starting it in safe mode and it may be not run and then you can delete it - or better still rename it to ndsboot.old just in case it is not the cause and you need it.

Can you uninstall anything that might be the source?

If running win 98 you will be able to start in dos mode and delete from there - let me know if you need help.

Pesala 18:34 14 Feb 03

If using Internet Explorer, try switching to off-line mode.

spikeychris 18:44 14 Feb 03

There are lots of ways of deleting files, but as Lú-tzé has said we need your O/S. How has this file ended up on your machine?

canard 22:30 14 Feb 03

If you have PRCVIEW you can kill any running process from the toolbar menu. Having done this you can delete the offending file.
PRCVIEW is a very handy,small, free app.

BBez 22:58 14 Feb 03

have you ran a trojan scan on your PC just in case someones got a server installed on your machine...

A-R 19:50 15 Feb 03

Thanks for the advice people, however I fixed the problem about 10 minutes after I posted. The problem was frustrating me so much that I wasn't thinking stright.

However once I did start thinking stright, I solved the problem quite quickly. If anyone is intrested Lú-tzé was right. I went to safe mode and deleted the file then used MSCONFIG.

Again thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…