Always on connection for AOL

jessej 09:57 07 Nov 05

This is really aimed at somebody who knows AOL. I am on AOL Gold.
Just after signing up for broadband, about 1 year ago, I managed to do something or other to get an always on connection. After a short trial I decided I didn't need it and reverted to signing on manually. Now comes the time when I would like to get it back but for the life of me I'm d..... if I can remember how/what I did.
I think it involved doing something in Control Panel, also right clicking then selecting something in the pop up menu from the AOL icon in the systray. One small problem there is that the icon long ago disappearred from the systray for reasons unknown.
As always, any help/guidance gratefully received.

jessej 16:53 08 Nov 05

Just in case somebody comes up with the answer to this, please don't bother as I have now remembered how to do it. Simple really, right click on AOL icon in the systray, select AOL dialler then fill in/tick boxes as required. Job done.
What prompted the question was that the AOL icon had gone missing and I couldn't remember how to get it back, once I did it all came back to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…