"Always Carry out action" checkbox not remembered.

skiddaw 23:20 11 Aug 04

If I tick checkboxes to always carry out the action required such as "always open with the task" or in the customize notification area the action is forgotten. I am running windows xp pro service pack 1. Can anyone help with this problem as it is becoming a pain whenever I connect my digital camera and the required action does not autorun.

hugh-265156 23:38 11 Aug 04

are you saying that for example, you select a .jpeg and choose 'open with/choose program' and choose your program of choice and tick the box to remember it and xp does not remember it?

click here anyway maybe.

skiddaw 18:55 12 Aug 04

The problem does not arise using the "open with" dialog box, but manifests itself when I dock my digital camera (drive f) which should autorun the programme for downloading the photos. I have tried to turn on the autorun properties for drive f and for auto running the progamme for photos, but windows will not "remember" the action to take the next time I dock the camera. It also happens with the taskbar hide icons (when inactive/all the time) instruction. I hope this explains the problem a bit better.

hugh-265156 19:12 12 Aug 04

click here maybe

skiddaw 19:44 12 Aug 04

I have tried the repair wizard now,but f drive properties still will not remember "always carry out this action"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…