Altnet removal help needed!

Rhuddlan 16:21 30 Jun 05

A friend's son of mine installed Kazza a few days ago and now Ad Aware, spybot and MS Antispyware have found Altnet on the comp. I have uninstalled Kazza for her and tried to remove Altnet from these anti spyware programmes, but after scanning the comp again, it appears. Can't find it in the registry or in program files. Have searched for a removal tool on the net but to no avial. Can anyone please help?

rawprawn 16:33 30 Jun 05

Try again in safe mode (Tap F8 on boot)

Completealias 16:35 30 Jun 05

Disable system restore this will clear out all restore points but nasties can hide in there, cleanup the drive eg all temporary files you might want to run a cleaner as well click here

Make sure all apps are updated then run each inturn rebooting between scans to allow them to finish there cleanup. I would also try a2 click here as well and run a scan with antivirus app as well. If this doesn't clean it then you will need to download hijack this and post a logfile to click here where an expert will help get you sorted.

Don't forget to re-enable system restore once you have sorted out the problem

Rhuddlan 16:39 30 Jun 05

Cheers guys, will do as suggested on Monday when I go my friend's house and let u know ASAP.

Rhuddlan 18:40 04 Jul 05

Hi there again, done as suggested and Altnet just won't shift. Ad Aware, spybot and MS Antispyware find it and can't get rid of it. I found some removal instructions that told me to edit the registry and find some keys, but when I found the keys, it said due to an error, I could not remove or delete the keys! Cleared out temp internet files, turned off then turned back on system restore etc. Can anyone help? It doesn't seem to be affecting the comp in anyway, it would just be nice to get rid of it for good!

VoG II 18:42 04 Jul 05

AS Completealias suggested, post a HJT log click here at this forum click here

Rhuddlan 18:49 04 Jul 05

Thanks VoG, will advise my friend to do as suggested and post back ASAP.

nhojnhoj35 16:52 20 Dec 05

for future reference for other people. do a search for this file and find out which profile on your pc it is installed in. you then need to log on to that profile and scan from there with spybot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…