Alternatives to Systemworks

wester john 16:40 20 May 05

My sub runs out today for Norton Systemworks. I have already installed Sygate firewall, and am about to install Avast AV.
Can someone recommend any other free utilities to replace One Button checkup and other items in Utitlities?

Diodorus Siculus 16:42 20 May 05

CrapCleaner: click here for a very good temp files / registry checker.

RegScrubXP for registry checking too.

Diskkeeper Lite as a replacement defragmenter.

Anything else it used to do?

Curio 16:50 20 May 05

click here Amazon were doing a great deal on it a few weeks ago. May still be on-going

Diodorus Siculus 16:53 20 May 05

The Cheap Suite: Free Alternatives to SystemWorks 2004
click here

s99Raj 17:01 20 May 05

I quite like System Mechanic and Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum Suite. Fix-It Utilities isn't bad either. They're not free though.

wester john 17:13 20 May 05

Thanks for these. I'm a bit nervous but will try to install something tomorrow.

DieSse 18:10 20 May 05

I've always gotten on well with System Mechanic click here It's got a free 30-day trial, and it's never caused any problmes on systems I've used it with.

smokingbeagle 18:44 20 May 05

install System works without the anti-virus. That is the component with a subscription. Insert the CD-ROM, custom install, choosing to install all the components you require apart from the AV. This will uninstall the AV. (Assuming that Norton is still currently installed).

Dorsai 19:12 20 May 05

bump

wester john 17:44 22 May 05

That looks a good suggestion. So I leave Systemworks installed as is and just insert the CD again? I suppose when I install Avast I will have to disable Norton auto-protect first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…