Alternatives to Ghost

Pine Man 12:12 10 Dec 05

I have tried to update from Ghost 2003 to Ghost9 and it wouldn't work properly and Symantec couldn't solve the problem and gave me a refund. I have just tried Ghost10 with exactly the same result.

I have now reinstalled Ghost 2003 and it won't update, I get the message LU1825 Tried to run application that didn't exist..... Having tried all the fixes on the Symantec site I have failed with this version now.

What are the alternatives to Ghost that do a similar thing in drive imaging/cloning for a safe back up of the entire system drive?

gudgulf 12:19 10 Dec 05

Acronis True Image click here is my choice.

EJ1947 12:19 10 Dec 05

I have used xxclone from here click here
A free programme which I have done several drive backups and copies with good sucess. Follow instructions to the letter and it works well.

March Hare 12:20 10 Dec 05

Acronis True Image is popular amongst members here. Easy to use, with an intuitive interface.

rawprawn 12:21 10 Dec 05

Take advice from gudgulf you won't regret it. It is a great program and has saved my skin many times.

rawprawn 12:28 10 Dec 05

gudgulf's link shows True Image at a cost of $49.99, I have had an emailed special offer this morning for a package of True Image 9, Disc Director 10, & Privacy Expert 9 all for $59.98 which I reckon is great value. (Normal price shown $159.98) if you are interested email me and I will send the offer on to you.

PaulB2005 12:29 10 Dec 05

Another vote for True Image here.

March Hare 12:31 10 Dec 05

If you're in UK
click here

pj123 12:55 10 Dec 05

Also add to EJ1947 post xxcopy from click here

I use that to clone my main hard drive C: to a separate hard drive (of the same size) which is then taken out of the computer and stored. I use xxcopy because I am still running Win 98SE. My other drive D: containing my files/docs/pics etc is backed up to DVDs using Nero Backitup.

stylehurst 13:16 10 Dec 05

Acronis Tru Image gets my vote every time; used it to replace Symantec Ghost

Wak 16:22 10 Dec 05

I have used the FREE XXCOPY (Win 98SE) every two weeks for the last 2 to 3 years with no problems.
If you run Windows XP then use XXCLONE from click here also FREE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…