Alternatives to Easy Media Creator 8

Chillie 09:23 12 May 09

Recently lost my HDD and decided to do a clean install instead of using an Acronis image. All has gone well except reinstallation of Creator 8 which fails every time.

Instead of buying the latest version of Creator, I am looking for alternatives such as Imgburn, AnyDVD. Sure I have seen this on the Forum before, but my searches were not successful.

I would appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks

Chillie

Strawballs 09:40 12 May 09

click here This is a good one for both XP and Vista or click here if XP (don't be put off by name will burn DVD's and Blue Ray)

ambra4 10:07 12 May 09

AnyDVD is not a CD/DVD burning software

click here

ImgBurn is used to create an ISO image of an original CD (or a collection of files as an ISO

Image ready for burning to a CD or DVD

Free Windows CD and DVD burning software

click here

Alternatives to Creator 8 would be Nero 8

john bunyan 10:42 12 May 09

I have Roxio Creator 2009. When it works, it is fine. The problem is with Roxio's (lack of) technical support - they are difficult to contact and always reply with instructions to do a clean reinstall - involving reg edit etc. For CD burning I find iTunes (free!)fine, it allows you to print a jewel case with song contents etc.
However for disc management (erasing, copy etc) Creator 2009 is good when it works.Nero I am sure is also fine, it is just what you get used to.

Chillie 10:52 12 May 09

Ambra and Strawballs -

the free list from technomixer is a real find. Based on the advice so far, my selection is Imgburn, CDBurnerxp and AnyDVD.

Looked at Ashampoo, but the reviews didn't seem so hot!

Thought of Nero 8, but recalled that I didn't get on with it. That's why I went for Creator 8!

Will await any further recommendations.

Chillie

Chillie 11:04 12 May 09

Over the years I have had a similar experience with Roxio. Unfortunately, the clean install process goes so far and then fails. After every attempt I used Revo uninstaller to clear the bits and pieces before making another attempt.

As I said in my earlier post, the recommendations from Ambra and Strawballs may be the way to go.

Chillie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now