Alternatives to ad aware???

Amer 21:25 10 Apr 09

Hi Everyone.

I recently upgraded to Ad Aware Anniversary edition and since then I have twice lost my internet and e mail connection for no obvious reason. Went through BT checks and all internet connections were fine. Eventually through some system restores and other tinkering have got connection back but have uninstalled Ad Aware as I think that is causing the problem.

Cn anyone suggest other alternatives that will help clear my computer of dross from time to time?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Amer Khalil

birdface 21:33 10 Apr 09

A Squared.Malwarebytes.Superantispyware.Any 2 of those 3 should do it.

Amer 21:37 10 Apr 09

Hi

Many thanks for your suggestions. Are these relatively easy to use and are there any 'side effects', don't want repeat of my problems with Ad Aware.

DieSse 21:42 10 Apr 09

I use Spybot S & D and Malwarebytes. They're both very good.

Spybot also has a "immunisation" function, which helps prevent "stuff" getting in in the first place.

Neither has caused me any problems in using them, over many months (years in the case of Spybot).

Using more than is a good idea, as each may find problems the other(s) miss.

provider 2 22:18 10 Apr 09

In addition to those mentioned above, you might want to install SpywareBlaster:

click here

It`s very light on resources and will prevent web nasties installing in the first place, in much the same way as Spybot`s "immunise" function which it will compliment.

(Free for home use, donation optional.)

Amer 22:38 10 Apr 09

All your help much appreciated as always

Will install tomorrow

Amer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…