An alternative to wireless headphone?

Housten 15:53 PM 03 Jan 13

Good afternoon,

A couple of weeks ago I asked if wireless headphones were worth having. But our tv does not support this sort of thing. So I went into Maplin’s and spoke to a bloke there and he said he wasn’t sure but they had a unit which on one side has a scart socket and vision and audio sockets on the other.

So what I thought of doing was to get one of these units – there are two, one in and one out – and then get a small(ish) length of cable which would have the two audio sockets at one end and then merge into one at the other, and I could just connect my ‘ordinary’ headphones into this socket. If there was a volume controller in there somewhere so much the better. The bloke at Maplin’s could only get to this by having a male/female connector on the end of the two-into-one because it had a male end connector. I asked him if it would work, but he didn’t know and didn’t suggest a ‘try-and-return’ policy, so I left it.

So my question is this: does anyone a) know if such an arrangement would even work and b) apart from Maplin’s is there anywhere else anyone could suggest I go to try and get these – preferably one combined unit! – with a guarantee they would work?

Many thanks in anticipation, and a very Happy New Year to everyone.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…