Alternative to Windows Live Mail?

Legslip 21:39 25 May 09

I have a hotmail account that I access via Windowsw Live Mail but I hate it. Is there an email programme that is like Outlook/Express that will receive/send hotmails. Does Firefox do it?

Sea Urchin 22:01 25 May 09

Windows Live Mail operates in the same way as OE - what do you not like about it? Oh, and Firefox is a browser - not an email client. But Mozilla Thunderbird might work for you.

Legslip 22:07 25 May 09

Thanks Sea Urchin. Must be me but I do not like the layout of 'live'. Sorry getting late, I meant Thunderbird not Firefox. Do we know that Thunderbird WILL work with Hotmail.

Sea Urchin 22:40 25 May 09

Should be no problem following this link - it's specified as for Windows Mail but should work equally well on Thunderbird

click here

Sea Urchin 22:42 25 May 09

In fact it's for OE but the same applies

provider 2 23:10 25 May 09

You might want to have a look at GMX Mail: click here

Legslip 23:13 25 May 09

I thought that you can no longer download Hotmail into Outlook Express?

Sea Urchin 23:16 25 May 09

The introduction of POP and SMTP settings for Hotmail mean you can again - that's the way I use it.

In fact Thunderbird might be more difficult to set up, but I can confirm that it works well in Outlook Express

Quiet Life 17:45 26 May 09

Like you I hated Windows Live mail as I could not configure it as I had configured OE.
Thunderbird can be configured very nearly ae OE and works well

hssutton 18:32 26 May 09

I also dumped "Live Mail" replaced it with "Windows Mail"

Legslip 15:09 27 May 09

Thanks one 'n all. Have got the hotmail account working nicely in Thunderbird. Great!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…