Alternative OS

Hi, hope someone can help.

I am looking for an alternative OS to run on a PC, instead of my cureent Windows XP.

Now I am interested to try some different OS and wondered if anyone can recommend an alternative.
At this stage I dont want to change any hardware, but there could always be a possability to upgrade completly latter.

I have had a search but not to sure what to go for.
Any help would be much appreciated.

DieSse 22:29 09 Oct 05

Linux - Linspire or Xandros. I use both - both are graphical, simple to follow after Windows - install straightforwardly - include browser, email, Office Suite, etc.

Linspire is a commercial version - Xandros is also a commercial version, but also has a free download version. Linspire has more ready-to-install and run software. Lspire is one licence only for all your systems (in a household).

Both will dual boot with WinXP.

I recommend you check them both out.

dan11 22:40 09 Oct 05

Can also recommend linspire. It has the added advantage that it can be run from the cd, so you can keep windows while you try.

There was a link to a free download of linspire in the consumer section ( if I remember correctly) but unfortunately the date to register for a free copy has passed.:-(

I shall have a look at this and get back to you both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…