Alternative to Norton Ghost

450223 08:25 03 Jun 05

Is anyone aware of an alternative product to Norton Ghost, I am not impressed with the lack of telephone support with them!

ventanas 08:53 03 Jun 05

click here

I use both programs and easily prefer this one.

Somewhat cheaper if bought from click here

ventanas 08:56 03 Jun 05

Sorry the link to Amazon has a problem. Scroll down the page to recent searches, or enter true image into the search bar.

DieSse 11:12 03 Jun 05

My vote goes to True Image also - an excellent piece of software.

Aspman 11:51 03 Jun 05

Any advantage of Trueimage over Ghost apart from being half the price?

I've never used it.

JYPX 12:49 03 Jun 05

See if you can find last months copy of Personal Computer World in your local Newsagent. Acronis True Image 8 Personal Edition (Not a trial!) is on the cover disc. I cannot say for sure how "personal edition" differs from the retail version but it certainly lists incremental back-up among the features.

ventanas 13:59 03 Jun 05

Any advantage of Trueimage over Ghost apart from being half the price?

True Image does not require .net framework to be installed. Quite an advantage in my book.

stylehurst 14:02 03 Jun 05

I have tried both Ghost & Acronis True Image, the latter is far better in terms of friendly operation

mattyc_92 16:06 03 Jun 05

As with others... My vote also goes to Acronis True Image

It is very easy to use, and is very powerful... Plus Ghost used to give me loads of error messages all teh time as well as slow my system down... Acronis doesn't slow my system down, and I haven't had a single problem with it yet and I have been using it for almost a year now...

dogbreath1 16:46 03 Jun 05

Not sure whether this will do what you want...but it is free click here
Acronis True Image is my preferred prog and is on special offer at the moment click here

dogbreath1 16:49 03 Jun 05

The second link is to Ebuyer (Acronis @£16.44 inc VAT) but doesn't seem to be working. I'll try it one more time click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…