Alternative to NAV 2002

nickyjane 16:03 09 Jan 05

Hi Guys. Have been running nav 2002 for a number of years as my main email virus scanner and have always renewed my subscription each year.I know that nav2002 is now unsupported, is there a good easy to use alternative available.
My o/s is xp home without sp2, I also have running, adaware, zonealarm, spyware blaster and spybot. I need a anti virus program that will sit ok with the above. Thanks

VoG II 16:07 09 Jan 05

I have no hesitation in recommending AVG click here

nickyjane 16:13 09 Jan 05

thanks for the info. Do I need to unistall nav2002 before loading AVG.

VoG II 16:14 09 Jan 05

Yep. Download AVG. Disconnect from the internet. Uninstall NAV. Install AVG.

citadel 16:19 09 Jan 05

pc world have the double pack containing norton 2005 av and firewwall for £33.

nickyjane 16:22 09 Jan 05

Thank you for your help and info. nickyjane

bremner 17:54 09 Jan 05

click here this is where I found the advice to delete extend.dat.

You will see it appears to make no difference having Outlook running or not

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:44 09 Jan 05

'pc world have the double pack containing norton 2005 av and firewwall for £33' AVG and Zonealarms (if you feel that you need a firewall) are free ;-))))).....why pay?

G

GaT7 18:48 09 Jan 05

I was previously on NAV (NIS2003 actually) & after the subscription ran out installed the free avast! antivirus. But I didn't like it, uninstalled it in a few days & decided to give AVG a try after reading VoG's own recent post about it "VERY impressed with AVG" click here. Folders & files now open much quicker & my system appears to run faster as well! I've retained the firewall component of NIS2003 (for now) as it still holds it's own against Symantec's own online security scan : ) G

bremner 19:14 09 Jan 05

This has moved on on another thread that has been bounced back to this one. click here

nickyjane has opted for AVG but is having problems installing it

nickyjane 00:22 10 Jan 05

Well guys, I,m right in it, having followed all the advise,I can still can not install AVG and to make matters worse, after uninstalling NAV2002 I now find that I have no disc for it,I'm now left without any anti virus protection. any ideas.
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…