alternative to media player?

snoresloudly 21:21 24 May 03

Currently running a system with win me have got media player 9 but am having alot of trouble with it locking up and freezing the sytem etc, have tried to re-install etc but still the same, is there a decent free alternative that I can use?. All I really use it for is watching streaming videao etc on the net so maybe somthing with all the bells/whistles?. Also is there anyway to uninstall it cannot do system restore as has been on so long

snoresloudly 21:22 24 May 03

sorry should read WITHOUT all the bells/whistles

Sion 21:26 24 May 03

Real One Player is free. check real.com for a free download. Or there is Quicktime.

powerless 21:28 24 May 03

Media player is one of the favourites for people to watch streaming video etc. So unless the website allows streaming in another program you are stuck.

But click here and on the left click "Download the Free RealOne Player Only".

Also click here

There's also click here but i never use for straming. I only play my music through it.

powerless 21:29 24 May 03

Right - Left :-(

I mean click on the RIGHT "Download the Free RealOne Player Only".

snoresloudly 21:36 24 May 03

thanks guys have d/loaded real player will see how I get on, hopefully no conflicts etc, now if only i can figure out how to rid of media player!!!

snoresloudly 22:17 24 May 03

Ticked as resolved to early, have d/loaded real player but it keeps saying not connected to the internet when I am am, if I click work off line all I get is script errors!!!, have uninstalled and re-d/loaded but same error, Zone alarm is set up to allow it access any thoughts?????

hugh-265156 22:42 24 May 03

click tools/preferences/connection tick automaticaly detect my online status.set up your connection speed under bandwith min/max.click test connection.

if that does`nt work you can set up manually under network transports.

get all the updates click tools/check for update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…