Alternative mail program other than outlook expres

suedeblue 11:51 15 Jul 07

I am having problems with my outlook express and everytime I open it it wants to use dial up although I am on BT broadand.
I did for a while use orange dial up when I moved house in Febuary although I was with tiscali then.
I also cannot send mail via outlook as it tries to connect via dial up.
I was wondering whether I should try and use another mail program as I don't know how to rectify this problem.
I use mozilla firefox to access the net currently.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:19 15 Jul 07

Open outlook express and go to tools-options-connection-change-highlight your Bb connection and click 'set as default' and ensure 'always dialmy default connection' is ticked.

G

suedeblue 13:08 15 Jul 07

Thanks Gandalf. I've just tried that but outlook still asks for dial up connection.
When I was with tiscali my connection looked slightly different to the BT hub connection.
I don't have any password or user name entered in the connection box.

Reb 13:28 15 Jul 07

are you using vista or xp cos I think they might be slightly different -
you could delete all the old connections that might be there - Im on broadband & I dont have any connections showing in the connection tab -
have you put in the correct new details of your email into outlook cos you wont be able to send til thats set up either

suedeblue 13:40 15 Jul 07

Reb, I'm using xp home. When you say correct new details do you mean my new BT connection details?

JayDay 13:42 15 Jul 07

Thunderbird is a good free alternative click here

birdface 13:52 15 Jul 07

Control Panel. Internet options.Connections .Lan Settings.Tick Automatically detect settings. Ok. Apply. Ok. Thunderbird is an obvious choice,but I use Incredimail.click here Free version.

Reb 14:21 15 Jul 07

outlook will work its just not set up right.
There are plenty of other email progs you could try :-)
yes at somepoint you have to put in your user name & password & the pop & smtp settings - all this is probablly on your install disc from BT & all it will ask you to put in is your username and password, it does the rest for you if it doesnt its easy to do yourself

Reb 14:26 15 Jul 07

this says it will set up your BT email in outlook for you :-)

click here

Reb 14:39 15 Jul 07

sorry just found this page & it might be better but should help u out :-)

click here#

woodchip 15:21 15 Jul 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…