ALTERNATIVE EMAIL CLIENTS

Kibo Kid 18:52 27 Jan 03

I am going on a two year assignment in an East African country and will be involved in some IT issues.

Owing to its own well-publicised vulnerabilities, we do not want to use Outlook in the new company. There is also a lack of MS Exchange and Novell skills out there.

We will have our own web site and mail boxes hosted by a local ISP, and will probably use POP3 email even to communicate within the company through the 24/7 connection.

I am currently using PocoMail Portable Edition with a USB CyberKey so that I can use it on any suitable computer, but most users in the new company will have a desktop computer.

Initial users will probably be around 15, and progressing over the first year to 50 or more.

Any thoughts on various NON-Outlook email applications eg Eudora, PocoMail Standard?

I realise that by not using Outlook, we will then have to look at another solution for co-ordinating diaries, schedules etc. Any non-Outlook suggestions that can hook into other email clients?

Regards,

Kibo Kid

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…