Alternative drivers for HP DJ 5550

j3nks 13:06 20 Aug 04

does anyone know of alternative printer drivers that can be used with a HP deskjet 5550 as I cannot print a map from a mapping program. The document is sent to the printer and sits in the print queue but will not print, other documents are printing fine.

Stuartli 13:47 20 Aug 04

The latest driver apparently is at:

h10025.www1.hp.com

However, it might be worth searching the HP website's support pages to see if it is a known problem as they are very comprehensive.

It may be down to colour management clashes or something similar.

Stuartli 13:55 20 Aug 04

That link worked where I found it but not when posted. It should be:

click here?

according to the original's Properties.

Stuartli 14:00 20 Aug 04

This link may also help:

click here

pj123 15:34 20 Aug 04

What operating system are you using?

jack 17:15 20 Aug 04

It may not be the driver, although do seek an update
some colour images are very processor intensive and simply take a long time for the cxomputer to gether all the info to gether.
Take a look at the printer queue[go to printers
right click on the defailt printer and the print queue will be reveal.
Ipmatiently clicking the print pbutton simply adds another item to the list.

j3nks 21:31 20 Aug 04

You can leave it all day and it still will not print what I need is a potential alternative printer drivers that will print on a 5550, basicaly an older driver that will still work on a 5550.
If it was a parellel only printer I would try a HP 550 driver which will work with most HP parellel printers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…