Alternative to Broadband

Gyppo 21:26 01 Oct 03

Hi All! Don't know if I'm having my wotsit pulled by my mate but he told me that there is a device which can plug into your phone line to let you know if someone is calling while you surf. I do not require the speed of broadband . By all accounts it cuts your internet connection and then reinstates it when your call is finished. If this is so, please advise. If not, he can start runing now!!!

misog 22:14 01 Oct 03
  misog 22:16 01 Oct 03
  OneSirKnight 22:21 01 Oct 03

Never heard of it, but if you have dialup isp like broadband 24/7 or anytime you can sometimes upgrade your modem to a v92 which allows a certain access to your telephone read more here about V92
click here

graham√ 23:08 01 Oct 03

In a nutshell:

If you have a v92 modem and call waiting on your phone line, whilst you are on the 'net an incoming call will alert you and give the option of taking the call and keeping your internet connection on hold.

At the last count, 1stNet were the only ISP in the UK which supported this facility. Any other ISP would result in the internet connection dropping and the message 'You have missed an incoming call'.

graham√ 23:11 01 Oct 03

And now Blueyonder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…