Alternative to AVG Antispyware

trisha01 07:21 18 Jan 07

Being using the free AVG Antispyware but the trial has finished today. It's been good and has stopped a few 'visitors' before they've had chance to take hold. Does anyone use a good antispyware that has real time scanning that's both free and doesn't slow up the computer? thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:36 18 Jan 07

There is another free version available....click here

G

Taff™ 07:38 18 Jan 07

Windows Defender click here

Andsome 08:01 18 Jan 07

I have so far only heard of one person who claims that Windows defender has ever found anything. The general opinion on another forum that I use regularly is that it is next to useless. I scanned with A squared and found four Trojans and four tracking cookies. I left them on the computer and scanned with SUPERAntiSpyware and found the same four. Leaving them on yet again, I tried Windows defender and it found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I would recommend click here and click here Make sure that you download the FREE versions.

cocteau48 08:40 18 Jan 07

I would recommend Spyware Terminator:
click here
been using it for months with no problems at all.

trisha01 22:45 18 Jan 07

I've downloaded the Spyware Terminator - thought I'd give it a go. One question though - can I use the Clam Integrated Virus as well as running AVG Anti Virus?

skidzy 22:47 18 Jan 07

Only use one antivirus,if more than one...you will create conflicts on your system.

jarvis10@btinternet.com 23:13 18 Jan 07
  Input Overload 00:47 19 Jan 07

I also have been using Spyware Terminator for some time, it offers background protection & it's free. I have had no problems & it's been stable on my system.

trisha01 07:26 19 Jan 07

Right thanks didn't think I could use the Clam anti virus as well so I didn't enable it. See how we go with Spyware Terminator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…