Alternative to Audacity- Record Playing.

phasler90 11:20 30 Aug 07

Hi,

I have recently bought the Numark TTUSB Turntable which connects directly to my computer via USB so that I may record vinyls and convert them to MP3. Currently, using Audacity, the only way I can listen to my records on the computer is by recording them and gettin Audacity to playback as it records (I then don't bother saving the file when it comes to closing the program).

Basically, this is becoming a bit annoying and so I was wondering whether anyone knew of a program, similar to Audacity, that will allow me to listen to my records on the computer without having to record them every time.

Thanks,

Paul.

Miros 11:30 30 Aug 07

Why not record to CD's?

phasler90 11:53 30 Aug 07

It is not the fact of playback from other sources, but rather that I want to be able to play it from the record (I like the nostalgia of using a record player), and therefore playing it back from MP3 or CD wouldn't be the same, hence why I would like to find a program that makes using the record player when it is hooked up to the PC easier (i.e not having to record everytime I want to play a record).

ambra4 11:55 30 Aug 07

Try this one on of the better converter on the market

click here

Miros 09:02 31 Aug 07

What about wear and tear?

You would be able to save them and pass them on to your great great grandchildren as antiques in mint condition.(chances are if like mine, they are no longer in mint condition)

I'm sure they would be highly amused by the concept of getting a sound out of a large black vinyl disk, providing they still have a machine and stylus that would play them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos