Altering Partition Sizes

jimmyflood 14:51 14 Sep 06

I Have A Small C Drive, Which Is Overflowing With Program Files. I Also Have One Partition (D: Drive) This Has 119GB Of Free Space.I Would Like To Move The Partition To Give Me More Space On My C: Drive. I Have Tried A Freebie Program Called "Paragon Redistribute Free Space", Which I Received From This Magazine. This Program Tells Me That It Does Exactly What I Need, However, I Starts The Process, Tells Me To Shut Down My Computer For It To Be Able To Continue, Re-boots And Then Checks "Files And Directories",Everytime Coming Up With The Error Code: Drive Not Ready Error. Nothing Has Changed On My Drive Sizes, When I Then Log In. Has Anyone Else Used This Program And Had Problems Or Is There Another Option? Please Help,Growing Old Sitting Here Trying To Solve This One!

Stuartli 14:56 14 Sep 06

You certainly have a capital problem here...:-)

Not familiar with the program you are using but must query why the two drives' use isn't reversed?

ArrGee 14:56 14 Sep 06
  pj123 18:55 14 Sep 06

Or this one, also free.

click here

Simsy 20:09 14 Sep 06

to dismiss either of the 2 suggestions above, the first, if you click on the "Manual" link, shows it to be "Under construction". While there is nothing wrong with this, it does suggest that the product is new, and I wouldn't risk it on a drive that had data on I wanteed to keep safe...

The second is, I'm led to believe, not for the faint hearted. I've never used it myself, so my apologies if this isn't the case...

The programme you are trying to use, "Paragon Redistribute Free Space", I know nothing of, however, based on it doing what it says on the tin, perhaps the problem is that you don't have any free space to start with?

Another magazine, PCW, has on the coverdisc of its October version, "Paragon Partition Manager". I've installed it and it seems to work exactly the same as "Partition Magic". I suspect this will do what you want.

Bear in mind that I'm assuming that your C and D "drives" are different partitions on the one actual Hard Drive?

Regards,

Simsy

jimmyflood 08:57 15 Sep 06

Stuartli, I Have Over 6000 MP3 Songs On My D Drive, Which Alone Takes Up More Space Than My C Drive Can Handle. C Drive Capacity: 28.6 GB.
D Drive Capacity: 150 GB.
Capital Problem is Just a Habit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…