Altering images in PSP

Bramblerose 09:39 01 Apr 04

Hi,

I have a photo that I want to put on my web page (its a copyright free image) bue as its not in the right colour group - my page is blue and this photo is mainly black and white, I want to put a layer or mask over the top to create a gradient effect.. a bit like the backgrounds you get in Power Point where its darker at the top and gets lighter as it goes down the page.

I am not used to Paint shop pro so have not idea where to start - anyone able to give me any pointers - that is if you understand what it is I want to do!!

joelmb 11:44 01 Apr 04

I'm not a psp user but i can give you the how-to in photoshop, its probably similar:

You need to create a new layer.
Then fill that layer with the gradient, selecting the colours you want in the gradient first.
Then move this layer in front of the image.
Then adjust the transparency of the gradient layer so you can see image behind it at a suitable level.

Hope this helps.

Bramblerose 12:09 01 Apr 04

I have a trial version of Photoshop and that worked a treat - thank you so much!

I was trying to do the same in psp but to no avail - a quick 5 mins on Photoshop and its done!

joelmb 12:20 01 Apr 04

No probs. Glad it helped!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…