Altering column sequence

cruiser2 14:58 23 Feb 12

Have put data in columns in OPenOffice org 3.3 Spreadsheet. Is there a way to reverse the order of the columns which are in date order. I do not want to have to re-type the data. Many thanks for any help

Newuser939 18:25 23 Feb 12

Copy and paste each column onto a new sheet?

GroupFC 20:40 23 Feb 12

I am not an expert in open office but in Excel and Libre it is possible to use data sort to re-arrange the columns. In the menus look for data>sort usually by default this will sort my rows. You may find an options tab that will allow you select "sort by columns".

HTH

lotvic 21:07 23 Feb 12

In Excel, first I make a copy of sheet (so that I always have the original safe) then on the sheet I want to rearrange I insert a blank column then select a column and drag/move it across and plonk it in the blank column I created.

GroupFC 22:18 23 Feb 12

But if you want to re-arrange data that is in a series of dates, which is what I understood the op wanted, surely that could be massively time consuming. Surely it is much easier to go data>sort>options and select "sort left to right"?

lotvic 01:27 24 Feb 12

GroupFC, agreed that's much better for a series of dates etc, but if only want to move a few to different position it's useful to know the manual way.

cruiser2 10:41 24 Feb 12

Thank you for your replies. Have managed to sort it using information from the Help menu. Have learnt something new. This thread is now closed

lotvic 14:30 24 Feb 12

"This thread is now closed"

To get the 'resolved' green tick:

Click on any of the big grey ticks at the right hand side of posts. The grey tick will turn green. You do not have to type a reply to this topic and post - just do the tick thing.

Then when page is refreshed you will get the 'resolved' marker on your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009