ALTERED ADMIN RIGHTS.

Recently I had cause to look at the internet properties appelet to make some required changes but when I navigated through 'Tools' ect to internet options I recieved a warning that "the operation had been cancelled due to restriction in force on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Well thats me, duely contacted and cluless as to why I should be denied access to this vital section, I have strip mined my hard drive trying to find who or what mightbe responsible but too no avail, any ideas ah! "sensible" one's would be of interest.

JRE

powerless 00:32 11 Feb 04

o/s?

temp003 03:13 11 Feb 04

If no one has done anything to have caused this, you may have got spyware on your computer which has locked you out of Internet Options.

Download for free and install Spybot S & D click here to check for problems (or use other spyware detector such as Adaware and so on).

Or, some spyware detector software can, at your choice, lock out internet options. Spybot's Immunize function itself can do that to protect you. Make sure you haven't done that.

If the above doesn't sort it out, post back for manual registry editing method. Or, if you use Windows 2000 pro or XP pro, there are group policy settings which can override the registry settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…