Alphabetical order in Nero Burning

Angel 14:02 22 Apr 06

I am trying to compile a new CD, but no matter what order I drag the files in, they always end up in alphabetical order, rather than the order I want. How to overcome this please?

€dstowe 14:06 22 Apr 06

Put a numerical or alpha prefix to each of the entries in the order you want them to appear on the final disk.

Fellsider 15:10 22 Apr 06

You should be able to re-arrange the tracks in the left pane before burning

remind 15:30 22 Apr 06

View/Arrange Icons By - select Do Not Sort

Angel 15:35 22 Apr 06

Thanks to all for suggestions. Strangely, my View - Arrange icons, doesn't give me the option of 'not selecting' only 'by name'.

remind 15:41 22 Apr 06

Audio CD? What version of Nero?

€dstowe 15:47 22 Apr 06

My method may be only one way of doing it but, it's the most reliable.

Angel 16:11 22 Apr 06

Data CD. Version

remind 18:22 22 Apr 06

Follow €dstowe's advice, the menu I mentioned is there in Nero 6.6

Angel 12:39 23 Apr 06

I have now followed Edstowe's advice and it works. Now there is a new problem with the software not accepting very long file names. What next? Looks as though I shall need some new software. Any decent freebeeies? Thanks to all for help.

pj123 13:55 23 Apr 06

Probably some freebies but you can get Nero 6 from click here

£6.87 plus postage. Once installed you can update it for free to the latest version from

click here

You will need to download at least package 1 and package 2. NOTE: make sure you take the tick out of the box marked Yahoo toolbar on both packages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…