Allway Sync - how to backup all sync folders

CLONNEN 05:42 20 Jul 06

I find Allway Sync useful for backing up my somewhat large collection of documents inside about twenty folders. I am using a Network Drive for the backups storage.

It works very well much better than the Windows Briefcase which often used to crash under the sheer volume of files I was backing up.

But in Briefcase it was a lot easier to do a complete backup - just select Update All. Allway Sync doesn't have a button which lets you update all Synced folders - I have to select each individual folder and its backup location one at a time and tell the program to Start Syncing.

Is there a way of creating a one button Update All for Allway Sync? It has an Automatic backups function but since my Network Drive is only switched on when we need to copy something onto it or off it this option won't work for us.

Do I need to create a Macro or something?

Marsh Warden © ™ 12:04 20 Jul 06

I don't know about Allway Sync, but have you tried MS Synctoy click here it's free an I find it most useful, and I believe it can do what you want.

mgmcc 14:35 20 Jul 06

Why don't you put all the folders that you want to "sync" into a single parent folder and synchronise the parent folder? Then there is just the one "job" to run in Allway Sync.

CLONNEN 12:44 22 Jul 06

Just noticed that Allway Sync has an Add Jobs function - combined with the File - Analyze All command I can do what I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…