Allow another prog' thru Firewall

Kooji 11:07 02 Jun 06

Again I need some help. (idiot proof instructions please) I have Norton Firewall and I have tried to install emule, but it can't get thru the Firewall. Can anyone tell me how to 1. Load emule and 2. How to configure the Firewall to allow emule to function? Please bear in mind I have no understanding of computer tech' speak!!! Many thanks..............

recap 16:02 02 Jun 06

To load a program:
Go to Start/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs, you will be presented with the "Add or Remove Program" window. Click the Add New Program button. Click the CD or Floppy button to browse for the .exe file. This usually appears when you browse to your CD drive (d:).

Once the program has loaded you may be required to restart your computer.

Now the program is loaded go to Start/All Programs and navigate to Norton Security Centre. Click "view Details" under Norton Firewall. Click "Firewall" then the Configure button. Click the Program Tab and navigate to the program you require the firewall to allow.

You can now modify the programs access by clicking the Modify button. Select what access you want to allow the program by the drop down menu at the top of the window. Click Ok twice and close Norton Security Centre.

Your program should now have access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…