For all you Reg Cleaning fanatics out there!

cocteau48 09:13 24 Sep 07

Todays Giveaway of the Day is:
Advanced Registry Doctor Pro
click here

EARLR 09:45 24 Sep 07

but is want´s 29.$ to remove over 500 errors.
I don´t think I have that many. Advanced windowss care 2 only found 255.
are we sure that ARDP is not a scam?

rawprawn 09:49 24 Sep 07

I have never used it, but if it is Giveaway of the day there should be no charge at all. Did you read the Readme Text? there is usually a free activation program included in the zip file that you have to run.

EARLR 09:56 24 Sep 07

I didn´t see it but will take another look (bad eye sight and all)

cocteau48 10:06 24 Sep 07

rawprawn is quite correct - there is an activation code which gives you full use of the prog as if you had paid for it.
OK so I have given it a whirl (never could resist a challenge) and it found over 300 errors (just like all paid for progs!!!!)
Fixing all does not seem to have had any detrimental effects (all backups in place just in case)although one canny feature is that you can repair and undo repair either in categories or item by item.
Also you can try the system optimization and roll that back if it does not work.
Ah!- hours of endless pleasure!

Pamy 10:33 24 Sep 07

It does say that it expires Dec 22 2007, next to where you click large green download button. Does this apply to the activated version?

rawprawn 10:42 24 Sep 07

I couldn't resist a look. When you first open it there is an activation code shown in a seperate small window. It can be easily missed because if you are not careful it hides behind the other open window.

EARLR 10:49 24 Sep 07

thought I was blind.
Tried it also so far all ok.

rawprawn 10:58 24 Sep 07

I ran WinAso which I use regularly and cleared all the problems it found, I then did a backup and then ran Advanced Registry Doctor Pro. It found 101 problems which I allowed it to fix. So far I see no problems

Pamy
It says The program is available for $24.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer. So I guess that you are right!

cocteau48 11:22 24 Sep 07

I have just opened the progs "view history" tab and had a look at the list of everything it has repaired thus far.
There are loads of references in there to progs which were installed and uninstalled months ago.
Thus far I am cautiously impressed - pity if it is only a time limited offer - but knowing the Giveaway of the Day site many of their offers come around again.

tullie 11:24 24 Sep 07

Time limited?Iput in serial number,is it still time limited?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…