All Video Files Skipping & Jumping

Loo Loo 23:02 20 Mar 06

Hey guys,

All my video media is skipping, jumping, and just generally being awful. This is happening to all file formats, in all media players, and from files on both of my hard drives

This is a very new problem as I have always been fine with using this PC for videos. All codecs are installed, I am virus and malware clean, and no new software or drivers have recently been installed.

The only recent change to my system was the installation of another hard drive last week. The hard drive seems to be the only possible cause of this problem seeing as it has only occured since I installed it, but I have no idea how or why this would be and what the solution is.

Help!

Disgruntled,

Lucy

AndySD 23:54 20 Mar 06

Is the new hard drive just an extra drive?
Used to store data? if so try going into the device manager ( Start, My Computer, Change a Setting, Performance and Maintinance then System) and choose Hardware click on Disk Drives then right click on the new Drive (It must not have the operating system on it) choose Disable. Now try a video file, if it still jumps then its not the drive so enable it again.

Loo Loo 00:44 21 Mar 06

Yep, storage only. One problem - in device manager, the right click does not have the disable option. Possibly due to the fact that I am running ME (yes yes I know). I have googled and searched MS support and can't find an article on disabling devices in ME. Any ideas?

AndySD 01:48 21 Mar 06

Ok

So lets look elsewhere first.

Go to IDE Controllers and the Primary and Secondary Chanels.

Check in each if they are using DMA and what mode.

AndySD 02:39 21 Mar 06

What we are not hoping to find is its running in compatability mode.

zarobian 07:21 21 Mar 06

Are you using the drives in Master/Slave configuration. If the drives are in this configuration on the same ribbon cable (which would be). Is the cable 80 pins or 40 pins. You may need 80 pins ribbon cable. Plus the drives mode settings should be DMA and not PIO mode.

Z

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…