To ALL that use MSGTAG-serious srerver outage.

bretsky 09:17 25 Sep 09

Hi folks Just got this email reply as I haven't been able to use this for a couple of days now.
Hi,

Thanks very much for getting in touch with us.

As you probably know we are having serious problems with our current server hosting provider. Despite their market reputation we have had surprisingly long delays in tracing and rectifying an outage that has affected the server that is responsible for MSGTAG tags and the system that allows us to email users about the problems, as well as some other sub-systems. This has meant that the error has not only affected all of our users and customers, but has also prevented us from getting the word out.

I am very sorry for the problems this has caused you.

As this outage affects everyone using MSGTAG we've had 1,000's of emails from our customers which has overwhelmed our already strained support
systems and staff. For this reason we are not able to get back to you individually.

To workaround this problem until service is restored please do not uninstall MSGTAG as the configuration changes involved typically cause a
new spike is support requests that we simply cannot address at the moment. If you simply leave MSGTAG running but switch off tagging until
the problem is fixed, your email will be sent as it normally would, just without the tag on it.

You can switch off tagging in Free and Plus by bringing the application up and then clicking on the right hand side of the capsule interface -
it's orange when it's off. For MSGTAG Status, please bring it up and click the left-most node on the mode toggle tree. It shows a square in
the middle of the circle when it's off and all the nodes to the right are grayed-out.

As long as tagging is switched off and MSGTAG is left running, you should have no problem sending untagged emails.

If you wrote about something else, or need additional help, please help us to help you by waiting until you get an email saying that service is restored and then re-send your email to us. We'll then work our way through them all just as quickly as we can. Until the all-clear is
given we are having to primitively and manually send out this email to everyone who writes in. My apologies also, if you get this email more
than once as a result.

We will work on our back-end infrastructure and with our hosting providers to reduce the chance of something like this happening again and we'll let you know just as soon as normal service resumes.

Thanks very much to all of you who have been so patient and supportive of us. Our long-time customers will know that this is an unprecedented
event in our small company's 7 year history, and as such is very distressing for us.

While I certainly feel your frustration, I am grateful for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Daniel Sim Lind
Director
MSGTAG

bretsky ;0(

Ps-sorry if this has been already been mentioned. befo

Onizuka 15:36 25 Sep 09

bretsky,

Thanks very much for posting this. I was just on the point of e-mailing MSGTAG myself and at least I now know that the problem is not my end.

bretsky 16:12 25 Sep 09

Precisely, I first had trouble the other day when I couldn't get the web site up then I emailed them but didn't get a automated email back from them and was beginning to think they had gone under, but I got this email this morning, so, as you have said, it's not at our end.

I will bump this later on so other forum members will know.

brestsky ;0)

bretsky 18:40 25 Sep 09

bump

bretsky 10:56 26 Sep 09

It would appear that we have the service again, but judging from the above the service might be intermittent, so please bare with them. I will post back if any further developments.

bretsky ;0)

bretsky 18:03 07 Oct 09

Just had this email.
Hi,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the recent MSGTAG outage. I am writing to let you know that MSGTAG has now returned to normal service. What was expected to be an outage lasting a few minutes in the small hours of the morning wound up taking days to correct. While our website transferred to the new hardware as expected, another 5 of our systems, including the system that creates and tracks tags, did not. The reason that it took so long to fix is complicated, but for those of you are interested it was compounded by DNS propagation times and some communications issues with our usually reliable hosting provider.

While our system was down a lot of people emailed us. Thousands of people. Unfortunately, the system I'm using to email all of you this status update was down too, so we couldn't even let you know what was going on.

I'm afraid we just don't have the resources to sift through all of that email to find the ones that weren't related to the outage. So, if you've recently sent us an email about something else and you haven't heard back from us, could you please email us again? We expect there will still be a lot of email to answer, so please bear with us as we work our way through it all.

My thanks go out to all of you who wrote in with messages of support and technical details to help us isolate and, eventually, repair the issue.

The good news is that MSGTAG's services should now be more robust than ever before.

Again, I'm very sorry if you were affected by the outage.

Best wishes,

Daniel

MSGTAG Signature

Daniel Sim Lind

Director
MSGTAG

bretsky ;0)

Andsome 10:39 01 Nov 09

Since installing Windows 7, MSTAG has not worked properly, despite configuring it as I have always done. It does not appear in Remove programs. I have even accessed the registry and deleted the appropriate keys, but still, every time I boot up I get a message asking me to configure it. How the hell can I finally get rid of it? Does anyone know please?

chrisrw 21:57 08 Jan 10

The problems give every impression of being terminal now. Not only is MSTAG not working (and so, as before, I've turned it off but not uninstalled it), but it's impossible to access the web-site.
If anyone from MSTAG is reading this, please let us know what's going on.

g4obk 22:50 09 Jan 10

Hi Chris

I paid my subscription of $60 to purchase Msgtag Status 3 days before it all dissapeared last week! So like you, I am not best pleased. I did e-mail the support address after the mail server went down and just before the website evaporated, and received this reply from Daniel Sim Lind, Director of MSGTAG. The tone of the message makes me optimistic that service will be restored sometime soon, let's hope so. The software must be quite lucrative as there is nothing as good available that does the same job I believe.

Mr Sim Lind's response to my request for information:

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much for getting in touch with us.

As you probably know we are having serious problems with our current
server hosting provider. Despite their market reputation we have had
surprisingly long delays in tracing and rectifying an outage that has
affected the server that is responsible for MSGTAG tags and the system
that allows us to email users about the problems, as well as some other
sub-systems. This has meant that the error has not only affected all of
our users and customers, but has also prevented us from getting the word
out.

I am very sorry for the problems this has caused you.

As this outage affects everyone using MSGTAG we've had 1,000's of emails
from our customers which has overwhelmed our already strained support
systems and staff. For this reason we are not able to get back to you
individually.

To workaround this problem until service is restored please do not
uninstall MSGTAG as the configuration changes involved typically cause a
new spike is support requests that we simply cannot address at the
moment. If you simply leave MSGTAG running but switch off tagging until
the problem is fixed, your email will be sent as it normally would, just
without the tag on it.

You can switch off tagging in Free and Plus by bringing the application
up and then clicking on the right hand side of the capsule interface -
it's orange when it's off. For MSGTAG Status, please bring it up and
click the left-most node on the mode toggle tree. It shows a square in
the middle of the circle when it's off and all the nodes to the right
are grayed-out.

As long as tagging is switched off and MSGTAG is left running, you
should have no problem sending untagged emails.

If you wrote about something else, or need additional help, please help
us to help you by waiting until you get an email saying that service is
restored and then re-send your email to us. We'll then work our way
through them all just as quickly as we can. Until the all-clear is
given we are having to primitively and manually send out this email to
everyone who writes in. My apologies also, if you get this email more
than once as a result.

We will work on our back-end infrastructure and with our hosting
providers to reduce the chance of something like this happening again
and we'll let you know just as soon as normal service resumes.

Thanks very much to all of you who have been so patient and supportive
of us. Our long-time customers will know that this is an unprecedented
event in our small company's history, and as such is very distressing for us.

While I certainly feel your frustration, I am grateful for your
understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Daniel

Daniel Sim Lind
Director
MSGTAG
click here

So, best of luck Chris let us hope we have it back soon.

Phil

PS The e-mail address Mr Sim Lind used to reply to me was:

[email protected]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac