All Settings Lost (2)

dp600 06:33 02 Jun 08

I thought this had been resolved,but on closer look ,all the folders in my Documents have gone,pics movies and a lot other stuff,have tried system restore in safe mode as Administrator

Taff™ 06:59 02 Jun 08

Link to original post please. I`ve no idea how to help you or indeed if I can!

dp600 07:01 02 Jun 08

Thanks Taff,how do i make a link.The title was All Settings lost and read.
When I log in i get the following
Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
How do i get all back please.

Taff™ 14:02 02 Jun 08

Are you on XP or Vista? Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E Key) Navigate to c:\documents and settings or on Vista C:\Users - can you see various profiles (User Names) that relate to the users on the machine? Is so is there one for dp600 and also one "dp600.{Name of your computer}"?

dp600 15:20 02 Jun 08

yes have found,but documents is empty

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:35 02 Jun 08

Link to other posting click here

dp600 18:12 02 Jun 08

Thanks Fruit Bat

Taff™ 06:16 03 Jun 08

So you have got two very similar named profiles, the only difference being that one has the computer name appended to the user name.Please confirm. Check that both "My Documents" are empty. You haven`t told me if you`re on XP or Vista.

dp600 06:53 03 Jun 08

Thank you Taff
I am using win xp,my sign in name is dp,in users i have 3 Administrator ,all user's,user and Jayne.None have the document folder i am missing

Taff™ 08:29 03 Jun 08

User will be the original default user when the computer was first set up and Jayne will be the first user account added afterwards. Either of which could have been renamed "dp". Open a new Word Document and save it with a unique name in My Documents then close Word. Look in each of the folders "User`s Documents" and "Jayne`s Documents to determine which this is.

When you start windows do you have a log in screen where you choose which User Name you log in with? If not press the Start Button and at the top you will see which one you are currently logged in as.

dp600 10:42 13 Jun 08

Thank You
Sorry so long reply have been afk for 2 weeks have looked in all folders and the .I did as advised and the word doc in a my documents folder,but not the stuff i am missing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…