All programs window to big.

golfpro 10:21 16 Jul 05

When I go to: start > all programs, to access a particular program, the column on the far right is almost off the screen. OK I only have a 15" monitor but is there anyway I can reduce the size of the window so that I can view all the programs.

mattyc_92 10:29 16 Jul 05

Well, I intend to create "category" folders. For example, I have a folder called "System Tools" and have programs like "NIS 2005", "CCleaner", etc... listed in that folder. If I didn't do this, then I wouldn't be able to see all my programs listed (and my screen resolution is set to 1024x768).

Just do what I do, and you will also find it more easier to find a program you are looking for as well.

Please remember that SOME programs will want you to reinstall them if you do this, like NIS2005, so I just copy and paste the folder into the System Tools folder and hide the orginal so that NIS2005 doesn't want to be reinstalled.

VoG II 10:33 16 Jul 05

You can easily create categories if you right click the Start button and select Explore All Users.

You can then create category folders and drag and drop the individual program folders into them.

Taff36 10:53 16 Jul 05

I agree with both posts. On so many systems I look at there is a clutter of programs so as VoG says. Explore all users and creat Main Folders for example Office and drag all the shortcuts for Excel, Word, access etc into that. AntiVirus & Spyware for NAV (Doesn`t like being moved as stated), Adaware, Spybot MS Antispyware etc. Utilities for CCleaner, Belarc etc. Programs for programs, Media for Burning Software, media Players etc.

Very soon you will categorise all your programs into say ten folders and when you go to the start>all programs you will have a choice of only 10 logical folders to select to find the programme you want quickly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…