"All Programs". How do I get details on screen ??

HenryWilliam 10:10 24 Nov 06

I have Windows XP Home edition. When clicking on "Start" and then "All Programs", I get all my programs listed on the screen. But they are all in 3 columns, but there are more programs, but not shown on the screen , and that balance is in a 4th column,which I cannot get on the screen. Is there a way to get them on the screen, e.g. by narrowing the first 3 columns ??

Diodorus Siculus 10:42 24 Nov 06

Right click start bar, then properties, Customise, Advanced. tick scroll programs and your away.

If you don't like that, you can always create subfolders and tidy things up a little.

Enoch 10:49 24 Nov 06

Sub-folders is definitely the answer as Diodorus suggested and by tidy the "All Programs" up, you can put "like" programmes together making your searching easier

birdface 11:01 24 Nov 06

Try ,Click taskbar,Properties.Start menu ,Click Classic start menu. Apply,See if that helps, If not just reverse action.

dagbladet 12:16 24 Nov 06

I had exactly the same problem and used a similar but slightly different method which as i recall was suggested by Diadorus above.

Right click on start button

choose explore all users

from there you can open programs and create new folders as you wish

For example, I have created

Internet which has my browsers, email, etc

Security which has AV, Anti-spyware, etc

Multimedia which has graphics, video players etc

You can create and use them as you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…