all programmes on desktop duplicated

ansa 12:24 20 May 03

I have a packard bell pc, one day my daughter was playing with it and pressed a button (I don't know which one). Since then, every programme loaded in my computer gets duplicated. The main programmes/copies stay on the desktop as normal but the other copies stay on the right hand side of the screen.

I have tried to resolve this but cannot get it done. I am wondering what is happening and I also think that they are taking up my valuable disk space.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

Thanks

sabinus

The Transporter 12:36 20 May 03

A short cut on your desktop will have a small arrow in the bottom left hand corner of the picture.

I am not sure how everything gets installed twice. That is strange.

Which, o/s are you using, if your using XP just do a system restore.

Also check your hard drive and look in the programs directory to actually see if you have two lots of files installed.

Also check you Add/remove programs from the control panel and see what programs it thinks you have installed on your pc.

ansa 12:54 21 May 03

I have a pc running windows 98. I am not sure what happened when my brother was using it.

Since he finished using the pc, the start icon (microsoft start icon) has remained at the top part of the screen. I am sure you know that it is usually at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. I have tried to pull it down to the bottom part of the screen but it won't work. Or I have not succeded in doing that.

can anyone help? I will like to have the screen looking like everyone else's screen.

thanks

sabinus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…