All in one printers

porridge 13:57 21 Oct 07

I am considering purchasing an all in one but have heard that they are not all that good in colour printing, especially photographs. Has anyone experience of this so that they can advise me? Grateful for any information.

Porridge.

sunny staines 14:05 21 Oct 07

go into a store and ask to print a test photo.

pcwold / john lewis type outlets would probally do this on reqest.

Totally-braindead 14:16 21 Oct 07

I have a cheap Epson 3800 which isn't available now but a couple of my friends have newer all in ones and all of them print pretty decent photos. You do have to set the settings up correctly and use decent paper but I find them quite good.
Epsons are cheap to run especially if you use compatible carts but there is 2 things worth mentioning about Epsons. They are very slow, not a problem if you don't do a great deal of printing and they are rather noisy. Or should I say all my Epsons are slow and noisy. But they are cheap to run and I think, as long as you set them up correctly the picture quality is rather good.
I think the only way to be certain is to do what sunny staines suggested or see if any friends have an all in one and see what theres is like.
I'm happy enough with mine.

€dstowe 14:35 21 Oct 07

I used to disparage all-in-one devices but, a few months ago when in need of a new FAX facility, dabs had the HP7310 machine on special offer so, with it being about the same price as a stand alone FAX machine, I bought one.

It does photo-quality printing as well as being a FAX machine, scanner and photocopier.

All very good for not a lot over £100.

DJ-Garry 14:53 21 Oct 07

I have just bought an Epson all in one DX4400 and it's GREAT. You can also get VERY cheap inks for it as it has 4 seperate ink tanks that you can replace one at a time and you can get compatables on-line for just a few pounds each (click here). Just do a search for DX4000 as they use the same carts. Ebuyer have just knocked £15 off the next model up from mine (isn't that always the way), still uses the same ink and it's the DX4450. You will not buy cheaper than this ANYWHERE and it's a great all round machine. Put good photo paper in it and it will give great results. See it here (click here).

woodchip 15:28 21 Oct 07

I have a Epson RX620 Photo Printer. They come out of it just like shop photos. Its a six cart printer, new model is RX640

porridge 15:28 21 Oct 07

Sunny Staines, Totally Braindead Edstowe and SupaGaz. Many thanks for your advice and help. I feel much more confident now about buying one.

Porridge

porridge 15:29 21 Oct 07

Sorry. you too Woodchip

woodchip 15:35 21 Oct 07

Check it out click here
Ink I use it from click here

porridge 17:08 21 Oct 07

Thank you for your second message woodchip. Useful information.

Porridge

pj123 18:03 21 Oct 07

Sorry to put a downer on this. But just remember, if one thing goes wrong on an All-In-One it all goes wrong.

I have a friend who has a Xerox MFD but the scanner stopped working. So now, all he has got is a printer.

I am still a "separates" person. My Hi-Fi is all separate units, my PC has a separate Scanner and printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced