All in one pc's

porci 21:35 25 Jan 04

Has anyone had any experience or read any reviews on these pcs? Eg the Sony w1.Is it too soon to get one of these as opposed to a laptop?

Cuddles 21:50 25 Jan 04

Have seen one recently, does not seem to have much of an upgrade path due to restrictions on size.

porci 20:54 27 Jan 04

Mmm, anyone have any interesting review sites on this?

GuyR 21:44 27 Jan 04

My first PC was an all in one brother machine, 500mb hard drive pentium 75Mhz, 8mb RAM. Win 95.

System very neat and compact and would allow another monitor if required, access to the motherboard very good also BUT trying to get into hard drive, cd drive etc terrible plus only room for one of each, card for the graphics also very limited due to size.

As the computing industry is constantly moving forward ref. processor speeds, cards, hard drives etc you could find yourslef stuck with the set up you buy initially, wheras with a conventional tower unit working/upgrading pretty easy.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:31 27 Jan 04

Unless you are bonkers on gaming, there will be little need to 'upgrade'. Most people that I know use computers for word processing, Excel, Access and a bit of photochopping.

I used to use a 350Mhz, pentium II computer and have just got a 3200 Medion. The difference in speed is not remarkable and even Photochop 7 opens only a few seconds quicker; this makes no difference to mortals. A lot of upgrading is a case of the emperor's new clothes and will make naff all difference to most computer users.....does it REALLY matter if you can burn a CD at 16x or 52x...in the real world, not at all. You would have to have the senses of a bat to notice the difference between a 2Ghz and 2.6Ghz processor. A 5400 or 7200rpm HD will make no noticeable difference to the majority of users. 512 or 1024Mb of RAM will not liven up Word.

Computers can get a little like Hi-Fi...mucho dinerio for little or hardly noticeable differences. If you see an all-in-one that you like, can afford and suits your requirements get it and don't worry about 'upgrading' unless your anorak is twitching ;-)))

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now