All-in-one front Panel

djack 14:04 04 Sep 05

Hi I have a question for anyone who may have fitted a "all in one front panel" the type that includes a card reader,usb sockets,sound sockets etc,etc.
One lead that has a temp sensor has to be attatched to the cpu heatsink using a sticky piece of film supplied with the front panel.The trouble is the sticky backed plastic is useless!
and the sensor keeps coming off!! So my question is could I use super glue or something else to attatch the sensor to the heatsink? Obviously the superglue would have to be able to be heat conductive to allow the sensor to do its job.
Any one got any thoughts on this or come across a similar problem?
cheers djack.

mattyc_92 14:07 04 Sep 05

You MAY be able to buy some "special" glue from a computer shop/ technoloy shop (perhaps Maplins? click here)

djack 14:22 04 Sep 05

Thank you never gave that a thought sounds a very good idea.

Thank you djack.

Stuartli 14:49 04 Sep 05
  €dstowe 14:56 04 Sep 05

The temperature sensor embedded in the CPU or on the motherboard will give you a much better indication of the thermal conditions of the device than any uncalibrated item you may want to stick on to it.

OK, it may look impressive but what is it actually telling you? Not a meaningful measurement of the temperature of the CPU, you can be certain of that. Worse, it may give you a completely false impression of what is going on in your machine - which could have an unfortunate outcome.

woodchip 14:57 04 Sep 05

Best way is remove the Heatsink drill a tiny hole in one of the fin's for a very small self tapping screw connect the cable to that. Well that's what I would do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…