All Office 2003 programs crash

Myles 14:54 03 Jul 06

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED OFFICE 2003 ON A NEW COMPUTER, SOMETIMES IT WILL WORK BUT OFTEN NONE OF THE PROGRAMS WILL LOAD, A MESSAGE COMES UP STATING THE PROGRAM HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND MUST CLOSE. OFFICE IS INSTALLED ON A SECOND HARD DRIVE IN MY MACHINE, SOMETIMES WHEN I CLICK A SHORTCUT TO A PARTICULAR DOCUMENT IT STATES THE PATH CANNOT BE FOUND, ALTHOUGH IF I GO INTO MY COMPUTER THE DOCUMENT IS THERE, OTHER TIMES EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY, ANY IDEAS?

Cuddles 16:47 03 Jul 06

Have you tried the repair option in Office? comes under Help "detect and repair"

Myles 17:14 03 Jul 06

YES, I HAVE TRIED THE REPAIR OPTION AND EVERYTHING DOES WORK OKAY IMMEDIATELY AFTER THAT, BUT AFTER A FEW TIMES THE SAME PROBLEM REOCCURS

Diversion 22:00 03 Jul 06

I have done this in the past, I saved all my work to a file folder in My Documents and every so often copy the contents of the file folder to a backup location. But I still kept all my work on C: drive in My Documents, mine worked fine doing it that way. I hope this helps.

ade.h 22:07 03 Jul 06

If the problem returns after each repair, then it's possible that the root cause lies somewhere in else your system - something that is causing a conflict.

And could you stop with the SHOUTING? It's aggressive and harder to read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced