All my internet probs

Handy Spinner 18:41 01 Dec 03

OK, so here goes:

1. Frequently my connection to the Intenet will stop responding. Sometimes it will wake up, other times it disconnects. This does not happen when I dial in using the same connection on another computer on the same phone line and with the same connection.

2. Somehow I've acquired a Comet Search page come up when a page can't be found. I don't like it - how do I get rid of it, and how did I get it in the first place?

3. FrontPage 98 stops responding every now and again, then starts again. It's very irritating. What can I do aside from buying a new version (which I hope to do sometime)?

Thanks to anyone who can give me help.

VoG II 18:43 01 Dec 03

2. Comet is spyware. Remove using Ad-aware click here and/or Spybot click here

Handy Spinner 19:56 01 Dec 03

Thanks VoG. Bye bye Comet.

Now Nos. 1 and 3, the meaty ones?

Thanks again.

Handy Spinner 18:12 28 Jan 04

No 3 is now working.

Chris the Ancient 18:52 28 Jan 04

I had a touch of the 1. (And still do - if I have to come off b/b and go modem.)

Even changed the modem. No good. Thank goodness for b/b. But it means I've been a bit lazy over the 56k.

However, there might just be a slight iffy bit on your phone line that a good modem copes with but a slightly weaker one doesn't. It might not even show when you use the line 'on voice' but the bandwidth may just be a bit out.

Persuade BT that you have a faulty line and get them to give it a *thorough* check. Then you can eliminate that.

HTH

Chris

Chris the Ancient 18:53 28 Jan 04

How did you cure 3?

It might help someone else if they have a similar problem!

Handy Spinner 21:41 28 Jan 04

I can't remember! All I know is that I did quite a bit of uninstalling various programs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…