All my internet probs

Handy Spinner 18:41 01 Dec 03

OK, so here goes:

1. Frequently my connection to the Intenet will stop responding. Sometimes it will wake up, other times it disconnects. This does not happen when I dial in using the same connection on another computer on the same phone line and with the same connection.

2. Somehow I've acquired a Comet Search page come up when a page can't be found. I don't like it - how do I get rid of it, and how did I get it in the first place?

3. FrontPage 98 stops responding every now and again, then starts again. It's very irritating. What can I do aside from buying a new version (which I hope to do sometime)?

Thanks to anyone who can give me help.

VoG II 18:43 01 Dec 03

2. Comet is spyware. Remove using Ad-aware click here and/or Spybot click here

Handy Spinner 19:56 01 Dec 03

Thanks VoG. Bye bye Comet.

Now Nos. 1 and 3, the meaty ones?

Thanks again.

Handy Spinner 18:12 28 Jan 04

No 3 is now working.

Chris the Ancient 18:52 28 Jan 04

I had a touch of the 1. (And still do - if I have to come off b/b and go modem.)

Even changed the modem. No good. Thank goodness for b/b. But it means I've been a bit lazy over the 56k.

However, there might just be a slight iffy bit on your phone line that a good modem copes with but a slightly weaker one doesn't. It might not even show when you use the line 'on voice' but the bandwidth may just be a bit out.

Persuade BT that you have a faulty line and get them to give it a *thorough* check. Then you can eliminate that.

HTH

Chris

Chris the Ancient 18:53 28 Jan 04

How did you cure 3?

It might help someone else if they have a similar problem!

Handy Spinner 21:41 28 Jan 04

I can't remember! All I know is that I did quite a bit of uninstalling various programs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…