All I want to do is remove Real Playe ;o(

plsndrs3 23:13 10 Nov 03

OS - Win XP/Medion 1.8Ghz

I remove Real Player from add/remove programs, it comes back. I use the uninstaller, it comes back. I delete the file from the C drive IT COMES BACK!!

[a] do I reall need this? [I use WinAmp 3.0 & Media Player]
[b] why does it make a come back more often than Michael Portillo ;o)? Is it something to do with the system restore? I thought that this was just 'important system files' - i.e. drivers and such?

woodchip 23:17 10 Nov 03

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Real Playe click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Real Playe in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Real Playe and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Real Playe then reboot your computer

jonnytub 23:22 10 Nov 03

another way a little simpler than woodchips is to go to c:/ program files and delete the files real player needs to operate then use winclear to delete uneccessary files.

plsndrs3 23:39 10 Nov 03

Many thanks. Have deleted the log file [?] for Real Player & 2 Registry entries. The darned thing is not there at the moment & I will tick this as resolved.

Thanks again for your help!

jonnytub 23:44 10 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…