All games run slow and jerky

ratters 20:27 09 Dec 04

I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows ME and have updated my Nvidia drivers and Direct X and installed Java but even the simplest games and crosswords take ages to load and are extremely jerky when played. I can't think what else I can do. I have ticked all the Java boxes in the internet options section.
Any suggestions?

Technotiger 21:13 09 Dec 04

Hi, perhaps you need more RAM, 512Mb is not terribly expensive these days. Just a thought. Cheers.

kakellie 23:15 09 Dec 04

sounds like your graphics card drivers are not installed properly uninstall them do a restart and reinstall or try a older nvidia driver or it could be your internet connection is every thing elase ok.

ratters 19:34 10 Dec 04

I have just reinstalled the drivers and nothing has changed. I'm pretty sure I've got enough RAM. Do you think it could be the card itself? I hope not - I really don't want to go delving inside the case. It is a Time pc and I can't even see how to get into the bloomin thing!
Any more ideas would be gratefully received.
Thanks

Totally-braindead 19:45 10 Dec 04

When you did a clean install did you reinstall the motherboaed drivers before you installed the drivers for anything else?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 19:47 10 Dec 04

use a program called detornator destroyer to remove all old graphics drivers what card do u have sometimes if u dont remove all of the old graphics drivers you get problems as I did

fourjays 21:28 10 Dec 04

What type of games are we talking about here?

You say the games are jerky, but you also mention Java?

Are they internet games or PC-CDROM games?

woodchip 21:31 10 Dec 04

You need a better Graphics card that also as more memory on it. Not system memory

fourjays 21:33 10 Dec 04

Also, do you know your system specs?

Thanks. :)

kakellie 23:51 10 Dec 04

what are your specs for you pc.
e.g.
graphics card
processor
memory
hard-drive

ratters 16:27 11 Dec 04

My graphics card is Nvidia TNT2 model 64
Processor is AMD Athlon 900
I have 256 RAM
The games I refer to are web-based like interactive crosswords and word games. Also solitaire games
I ran a benchmarking program and most of my RAM has disappeared! I have disabled system restore and closed down virtually everything but am still getting out of memory error messages. (This started happening yesterday) I ran adaware but there are no nasties on my system.
I am getting more and more baffled and grumpy!
Would be most grateful for any advice.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…