all folders have been changed to read only

Newuser2 21:48 30 Oct 04

I'm running XP home SP2.
All the folders have changed to read only.
Every thing was OK earlier, I shut down and rebooted a few hours later and when I tried to save a file I got the error messages.
I've tried changing the setting in the folder prop menu to no effect.

VoG II 21:54 30 Oct 04

Maybe you need to take ownership of the folders click here

Start at the highest level folder.

Newuser2 22:41 30 Oct 04

Most strange. I've used system restore (to earlier in the day) and all seems to be OK.
ie I can edit and save files etc. even though the folders are read only.
Before I used system restore I couldn't save any edited files etc.
I thought it was only win98 etc. that did this sort of thing.
VoG thanks for your help and the link.
If I have any more probs I post back.

chippy+ 13:45 31 Oct 04

hi
could anybody help me i have two computers running xp pro idecided to fomat both and then install xp2 after doing this the first one installed latest updates and then XP2 all programs loaded ok every thing ok.tried the other onetwice 1st time same xp2 download came up with file corrupt second time second time without XP2 being loaded but with program installed when clicking My Explorer it crashed WITH MESSAGE EXPLORER HAS CREATED AN ERROR AND THEN DR WATSON CANNOT DEBUGGER THEN PC FROZE i had to restart the pc has since been checked by pc shops's diagnostic euipment but shows no faults thanks chippy

chippy+ 13:47 31 Oct 04

hi sorry wrong post pc's got me going mad
chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…