Alienware Area-51m tm or Rock Xtreme?

Inger 19:07 02 May 04

Does any one own a Alienware area-51 or a Rock Xtreme. I do not know any of the manufacturers.
Are they good on support? I have set my heart on a Area-51 m tm. I like the idea of upgradable
graphics.I am an artist and a Gamer(That is why I do not own an Apple).I need a good graphics card. I also want a visually attractive laptop.I have given up on the Dell Inspiron 9100.
Every time I phone for tech. advice I am directed to some parrot in India who only wants to know my name and can't understand any of the questions.
the Acer Ferrari 3000 would be perfect but for the specs.I know that Acer is very good on support. I have heard that a new one with better configuration is on the cards.
Grateful for feedback.

Totally-braindead 20:15 02 May 04

Why not have a look at
click here
I think personally that the Alienware PCs are far too expensive, you can specify you own case etc from above and get the PC you want much cheaper than they sell them. You can also look at the PCA best buys some of them are very smart looking just click reviews.

citadel 21:37 02 May 04

I would have an alienware computer if I could afford one. They are well known for good customer support.

fuzzyone 21:49 02 May 04

Inger,

These 2 desktop replacements were reviewed last month by either pcw or computer shopper.( I read 4 mags per month ).

The outcome was that the Rock, kept pace all the way with the Alienware all the way, and outperformed it in a few settings.

They recommended to buy the Rock because of the price difference, as there was nothing much to seperate the perfomance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…